Roulette is a game everyone loves, and because it is easy to understand nature, it is one of the top options for New Zealand players. In this article, you will be learning all there is to know about playing roulette online in New Zealand.
Logo Casino Bonus Play now
A Brief History about Roulette
According to legends, the game of roulette was invented by Blaise Pascal, a mathematician, and Catholic philosopher. He did this on his journey to develop a ceaseless motion machine. However, the outcome was a roulette wheel in France.
Even though the story of pascal is the most common among historians, many give credit to Francois Blanc, a casino owner, and entrepreneur as the one who made the roulette popular to many people. In addition to this, Blanc was recognized for establishing the Monte Carlo Casino, which is one of the most appealing places you can visit in French Riviera.
There is also another school of thought that before the roulette became well known in France in the late 18th century, there was a game similar to this that was developed in China. According to the historians who belong to this category, a group of Dominican Monks who have been doing business with merchants from China were responsible for introducing the game to the French culture.
Types of Roulette
Roulette is a game many casino players love. And due to its increasing popularity, there have been various variations created to meet the ever-increasing demand of players.
Some of the most common types of free roulette games anyone can play include:
This is one of the most original types of roulette you can play in New Zealand. This is because of its origination from France. The wheels on the European roulette have numbers ranging from 0-36. It does not include the 00 you find on the American wheels. This means as a player; you have a better advantage when you play the European roulette as opposed to the American variant. The odds of being a winner when you play in the European roulette are 1 to 37.
In addition, your odds for winning are higher when you play the European roulette, and the stakes drastically reduce. The European roulette house edge in the European roulette makes a total of 2.7 percent. In turn, this leads to smaller loses while playing in comparison to other available variants.
The major difference between this and the European variant is the way the roulette wheel is designed. In addition to a 0 pocket, this roulette also comes with a 00 pocket. This increases the advantage the house has because the player has more spots on the wheel to choose from. The odds of winning in this roulette is 1-38.
What’s more, the numbers in this roulette comes in a sequential and logical order. This is not the case on the European roulette, where numbers are randomly placed. The American roulette wheels have sequential numbers placed on opposite ends of one another.
This is the roulette game that was developed from France in the 17th century. Initially, the game was played using 36 numbers between 1-36. A 0 was included in the 18th century, which increased the number count to 37, with the new numbers ranging from 0-26. For a single number bet, the house edge is 2.70%. However, when the ‘En Prison’ and ‘La Partage’ rules are available, it reduces to 1.35.%
This is a roulette variant of the game which offers you a touch-screen betting prompt and the benefit of having a life dealer. Over the years, many casinos have incorporated this type of roulette. People who play this roulette can bet as much as 65 times every hour, and this can save lots of time. However, the odds of winning for players do not change regardless of how many times they place an individual bet.
Online Roulette Terms
There are numerous terms to familiarize yourself with in Online Roulette. Below are a few of them:
- Bankroll: This is the amount of money a gambler allocates for gambling.
- Biased Numbers: This is a big number created by the Biased wheel. It also goes on through long term analysis.
- Backtrack: This is the outer rim of the wheel, which does not move. It is also where the ball spins. It is also recognized as the ball-track.
- Choppy Game: This is a game where neither the house or players have constantly been winning. It is also a game where there are no streaks showing up.
- Even Up: This is a bet that does not have any mathematical edge for any side. It can only arise from the biases of a croupier or wheel. This is because all of the bets have an unyielding advantage to the house.
- Cold Table: This is any table where you or other players have not been able to win.
- Fair Game: This is a game where the casino nor player has the edge.
- Greens: These are chips with a value of $25
- Hoca: is an early roulette version
- Gaffed Wheel: This is a wheel that the casino or player has rigged.
This is by no means an extensive list of roulette terms. There is still a broad range of terms in roulette, and these are only a few.
Roulette Winning Odds
The odds of winning in a roulette game are determined by numerous factors, which include your bets and your numbers.
- Numbers: The numbers in roulette impacts your odds. These odds are determined by taking the number of likely winning scenarios and dividing it by the number of likely scenarios. When playing on an American wheel, you have an 18/37 odds of success while you have 18/37 odds of success when playing on a European wheel.
- Bets: Your odds of earning money are influenced by your betting strategy. It is crucial to note that your odds of winning remain the same in different spins, notwithstanding what the last result was. If you sup black three times in a row, you have the same odds of spinning black, green, or red the next time.
How To Win In Online Roulette: Tips And Hints
By now, you should know that playing roulette is fun. However, if you plan to make the best of it, you will need to win. This is why we are sharing some of the best tips that can help you win while playing online roulette.
Start off by playing Free Roulette
When playing in online casinos, you have the benefit of playing games free of charge before using real money. This is a great step for anyone who wants to understand the workings of a game before playing. By playing free online roulette, you build your confidence to help you play for real money.
Take advantage of the La Partage and En Prison Rules
You may not find these rules in all types of roulette. However, when you find them in any online roulette variant you are playing, it will work for your own benefit. These rules work with money bets and come up when you have zero as the winning number.
When playing with En Prison, any money bet you place on simple chances is locked, so you can get another spin. However, this is only if the ball lands on zero. Still, if you don’t win, you lose your stake, but if you win, it unlocks your stake, and it remains on the table for the subsequent round.
When La Partage is in play, half of your stake will be immediately refunded to you if you are able to land the ball on zero. These rules minimize the edge of the house, so if you want to play roulette betting on simple chances, go for a game that has these rules.
Find out the Table Limits
When playing casino roulette for real cash for the first time, you need to familiarize yourself with the betting limits. Usually, it is easy to see the max and least table limits after a quick check, but you may want to be sure there are no additional limits linked to some kinds of bets.
In essence, before you start to play for real cash, check out the table limits and be sure it aligns with your budget and your method of play.
Use a Column-betting strategy
In online roulette, column betting involves betting on even vs. odd, red vs. black or high vs. low. Basically, you are betting that the ball will land on a number that you can find on the three columns of the table. Column bets are also outside bets, so they have a tendency to increase your earnings faster than normal.
Playing roulette is fun, and this is why it is very easy to get carried away. This makes it necessary that you should set a limit for yourself before you begin playing, especially when it involves losses. The instant you have put the limit in place, it gives you an idea of how much loss you can take before you stop. The instant you have lost the amount you set, stop and move on. At most, you can begin the next day.
Manage Your Cash
Fight the urge to make huge bets at once, as this can help you manage your funds. It may seem like large bets can increase your bankroll faster, but a better option is to take your time with smaller bets and increase your bankroll.
Play In Reliable Online Casinos
Don’t just pick the first casino you come across to play in. There are a large number of shady casinos out there, so you want to go with one that is reputable and reliable. This is especially important when you are playing for money. If you go with a casino you are unsure of; you may have problems when it is time to get your money out.
Online Roulette Strategies
There are numerous roulette strategies that you can use in roulette. To make things easier, we will be grouping them into two.
Progressive Betting Strategies
Progressive strategies work around the notion of enhancing your bet size after you have observed the results of a round. There are many common strategies here which are:
- The Martingale system: It suggests that after you make a loss, you double your bet. This strategy is common because of how easy it is. However, it comes with a lot of risks.
- The Paroli system: This is also recognized as the Reverse Martingale. It suggests that players double their bets after a win. This makes it less risky than the Martingale system.
Both of these systems are great ways to compensate you for the losses you make while betting. On the downside, they can result in you running out of cash quickly, or get to the table limit before you have been able to recoup the funds you lost.
- D’Alembert System: Unlike the two systems we discussed above, this system uses a flat progression, which makes it ideal for inside bets. Winning may not be often with this method, but when you win, you will recoup more cash than you lost.
The D’Alembert System is a mathematical sequence created by Fibonacci to help gamblers bet in a secure but progressive manner. This system is seen to be safer than other systems like the Martingale. However, this does not mean you can’t win big when you use it.
Non-Progressive Betting Systems
The systems under this category allow you to use one type of betting system all through the game. It also lets you switch it anyhow you desire. The methods under this system of betting include:
- James Bond Strategy: This is a fun system that was developed by Ian Fleming. This betting system covers over half of the table in bets, and its goal is to try to turn the odds of the game to the benefit of the player.
- Another well-known strategy is to place bets on neighboring numbers. In essence, you split your bet and place it on five numbers that you find beside one another on the online roulette NZ wheel. If your goal is to bet on a specific number, placing a wager on the number close to it may be a great idea. The concept is that it will elevate your possibility of winning if the ball fails to land on your chosen pocket. This kind of bet is known as Called and Announced bets. The implication of this is that it is allowed majorly in French Roulette.
Why Play Roulette Online
In addition to being fun, there are numerous benefits you stand to gain from playing roulette games for free. Below are a few of them:
Numerous Roulette Games
There are multiple variants of roulette games which you must be aware of by now. When you play in land-based casinos, you are limited to only a version of roulette. This is not the case when you play online.
Pay Is Fast And Accurate
As soon as you win in the best online roulette NZ game, the computer software immediately determines the amount you have won and transfers the money to your casino account. You don’t need to wait for anyone to calculate first or pay others who have won before you like you would in a land-based casino. Furthermore, there is less possibility of errors when you play online roulette.
It’s Convenient and Comfortable
Playing roulette online from your home is very comfortable and convenient. You can start a game of roulette right from your bed or any part of your home without the need to go through the stress of finding a suitable casino. You can play at night or during the day and stop whenever you want.
You Can Play In More Than One Casino At The Same Time
This is a feat that is impossible in land-based casinos or if you play roulette offline. If you want to play offline, you will have to make a choice and decide the specific casino you want to play in. Nothing is holding you back from opening numerous roulette casino accounts and trying your luck in each to see which will be more beneficial.
Online Promotions and Bonuses
When you play roulette online NZ, you open yourself to a host of freebies, depending on the casino you choose to go with. Some of these include free sign up bonuses, special promotions, bonus offers and a range of others. There is also a range of VIP programs to enjoy when you play online. Many of these are things you cant find if you play online.
Roulette is definitely a game anyone can enjoy. If you have never played before, now is the time to plug into your favorite casino and enjoy all of the numerous benefits it offers.